Designed and created by a positive minded, Gluten-free, thyroid cancer survivor!

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Something a little different - Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup

I love to cook as much as I love to write sometimes. Especially when I have the time. My plan today was to make a sweet potato soup - I had sweet potatoes in the cupboard and wanted to use them up.

When I get something in mind that I want to make I first look online for inspiration and then - I wing it. And it was a winner!! I will be making this again for sure.

So here it is and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I am right now... it tastes great (smells amazing too) and it will keep both vampires and colds away ;)

Sweet potato garlic soup:
2tbsp olive oil
1 average sized fresh bulb garlic (peeled and smashed)
1 average sized roasted bulb garlic
1 cup onion (diced)
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
3 cups peeled and baked sweet potato
tbsp salt (I used kosher)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
(*I also added 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch to thicken it a bit)

In a tall sauce pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and then the garlic and sauté for one minute, stirring constantly.
Add the onion, salt and pepper, and cook for five minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken stock and potato and brink to a boil, stirring to combine.
Reduce heat, add cream and simmer for ten minutes.
Remove from heat and blend the soup until smooth (this can be done in a blender or using a hand blender).
Adjust seasoning to taste and return to very low heat until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment